HSX uses a directory tree to control hotline site.
In the following chapters, we will detail with more precision content of directories.
- Root directory: you can put it where you want. HSX will NEVER go
out of this directory except if you explicitly force it.
symbolic link from inner to outer of hotline site can only
be created by someone who can log in (using a true unix account)
This kind of link can't be created by a hotline user.
- Account directory (accounts): This directory contains all existing
accounts on the site.
- Files directory (files): This directory contains site files. No user
including admin can go outside this directory.
- News directory (news): News files are stored in this directory. If
this directory does not exist, standard news are disabled.
- Threaded News directory (tnews): Threaded News files are stored in
this directory. If this directory does not exist, threaded news
- configuration file (hsx.conf): this file contains HSX
configuration for this site. You can place it where you want,
this location and this name are only a suggestion.
- Agreement file (agreement): this file contains the agreement
displayed by HSX when a user logged in. This file must be placed here and
is named agreement.
Go to Table of content,
previous, next page
Copyright© 1998-2001, firstname.lastname@example.org